What to know about gauging your ears?
9 Things To Know If You Get Your Ears Gauged
- Your Earlobe Holes May Never Get Back To “Normal”
- You Can Repair Gauged Earlobes.
- You Should Wait Eight To 10 Weeks Between Stretches.
- Tears Can Cause Scar Tissue.
- Pain While Stretching Probably Means You’re Damaging The Tissue.
How painful is ear gauging?
Stop when you feel pain. Stretching your ear safely shouldn’t cause sharp pain or bleeding. These are signs that you’re trying to stretch your ears too quickly.
Why you shouldn’t get ear gauges?
1) Risk of Infection When you stretch the ear lobe, you are opening up a wound that is trying to heal. Any gauges or instruments that aren’t sterile have the potential to introduce bacteria into the wound. If you do end up with an infection, you’ll have to treat it immediately to avoid pain and scarring.
How do I start gauging my ears?
How to Start Stretching Your Ears | Ear Stretching Gauging
- Step One: Pierce Your Ears.
- Step Two: Gather Your Supplies.
- Step Three: Stretch Your Ears!
- Step Four: Let the Stretch Heal.
- Step Five: Repeat.
- Step Six: Cleaning and Care.
Are stretched ears still popular 2020?
Body modifications like stretched ears were rarely seen (except in traditional tribes). In the Western culture they were mostly seen in groups like punks or goths. Nowadays it continues to be on the rise.
How long do you leave tapers in?
How long should I wait between each stretch?
- 16g to 14g – 1-2 months.
- 14g to 12g – 1-2 months.
- 12g to 10g – 2-3 months.
- 10g to 8g – 2-3 months.
- 8g to 6g – 3-4 months.
- 6g to 4g – 3-4 months.
- 4g to 2g – 3-4 months.
- 2g to 0g – 4-5 months.
How do you sleep with stretched ears?
Basically I just massage jojoba oil over them before bed and when I wake up I oil up my ears again and then put in smaller size stone plugs for about 30 minutes. By the time I switch them out my ears have stretched enough to get the normal size in comfortably.
How big can you gauge your ears and still close up?
2 – 0 gauge
What size can I stretch up to without permanent damage? There are a lot of different opinions on this topic, but the majority of professionals in the body modification industry recommend never going any larger than 2 – 0 gauge if you want your ears to totally close up where you can’t see through them.
How long should I leave tapers in before switching to tunnels?