How do you use the word superficial?
(1) He has got a superficial wound. (2) Even a superficial inspection revealed serious flaws. (3) A superficial injury is not serious. (4) Their arguments do not withstand the most superficial scrutiny.
Is superficial a positive word?
Superficial can have a negative flavor; calling someone superficial is saying that they are shallow and care too little about meaningful things.
What is an example of superficial?
The definition of superficial is something on the surface or a person concerned only about obvious things. An example of superficial is an oil spill that doesn’t go very deep into the ocean. An example of superficial is someone who is only interested in how they and others look. Quick and cursory.
What is a good sentence for the word superficial?
These superficial changes don’t address the underlying problem. The storm only caused superficial damage to the building.
How do you use racial in a sentence?
Racial sentence example
- It is wholly due, as such, to racial preparation.
- He spent his whole life fighting for racial equality.
- It became more and more avowedly racial ; the defence of German nationality was put New in the front of their programme.
Does superficial mean fake?
As adjectives the difference between superficial and fake is that superficial is shallow, lacking substance while fake is not real; false, fraudulent.
What is superficial knowledge?
: concerned only with what is obvious or apparent : not thorough or complete. a superficial analysis of the results/data. They had a superficial knowledge/understanding of the topic.
How do you use mellifluous in a sentence?
Mellifluous in a Sentence 🔉
- The actor has a mellifluous voice that could lull anyone into a deep sleep.
- When the snakes heard the mellifluous sounds coming from the flute, they began to crawl back into the basket.
- The singer with the mellifluous voice will win the talent contest.
How do you use superimpose in a sentence?
Superimpose in a Sentence 🔉
- When the graphic artist makes the ad, he will superimpose the company logo over the product’s image so both objects are visible.
- The software program makes it possible for users to superimpose their pictures into various scenes.
Does superficial mean trivial?
As adjectives the difference between trivial and superficial is that trivial is ignorable; of little significance or value while superficial is shallow, lacking substance.
Is social media superficial?
People have speculated for yearsÂ that social media has causedÂ us to lose touch with the people around us, butÂ worse still; it isÂ causing us to obsess over portraying a fabricated version of ourselves, and our lives, to the world.
What does the Bible say about superficial?
What the Bible says about Superficiality. ( From Forerunner Commentary ) In the introduction, we see revealed important characteristics about the two groups that obviously describe two different types of attitudes. These traits make the two groups’ approaches to the wedding celebration predictable, summarized by the contrasting behaviors of sincerity and superficiality.
What is wrong with superficial?
There is nothing wrong with being superficial. Just be yourself and like what you like. Don’t feel bad about being superficial. Of course, every person has the same right to be happy, regardless of how they look to you. There is an immense variety and diversity in Nature and that came about for a reason or evolutionary process.
What does it mean for a person to be superficial?
They are materialistic Superficial people’s main goal is to gain as many materialistic benefits as possible.
What is superficial a verb or noun?
Sheila went to the house to grab a rake.