What is XHProf in PHP?
XHProf is a function-level hierarchical profiler, with a PHP extension (written in C) to collect the raw data, and a few PHP scripts for the reporting/UI layer.
How to use XHProf?
XHProf PHP Profiler Full Usage Example
- create a directory called xhprof under your home directory:
- change ownership of the created directory to avoid permission problems:
- add this to your php.ini config file:
- unzip the downloaded file.
- rename it to “xhprof”.
- cd to your web root:
How do I install Xhprof?
- Download and install latest version: cd ~/Projects.
- Now add the xhprof extension to /etc/php.ini: [xhprof]
- Restart Apache and double-check that the xhprof extension is properly loading – sudo apachectl restart.
- Add this to devel settings (replace USER with your username):
- To be able to generate callgraphs:
Is Drupal built on PHP?
Drupal (/ˈdruːpəl/) is a free and open-source web content management system (CMS) written in PHP and distributed under the GNU General Public License.
How can I get profile code in PHP?
The five steps of profiling PHP code to find inefficiencies
- Step 1: Install on the development machine. Figure 1.
- Step 2: Restart all services. Restart all your services.
- Step 3: Visit the service, and profile the PHP code.
- Step 4: Drill into the code.
- Step 5: Time to optimize.
How do I use xdebug profiler?
Enable the Xdebug profiler
- Open the active php. ini file in the editor: In the Settings/Preferences dialog ( Ctrl+Alt+S ), click PHP.
- Do one of the following: To permanently enable the profiler, set the xdebug.profiler_enable (for Xdebug 2) or xdebug.mode (for Xdebug 3) directive: Xdebug 3.
What is PHP used for in Drupal?
Object-oriented PHP utilizes classes and objects to organize code into reusable chunks. This approach helps us organize complex applications, such as Drupal, into modular code called classes that can be reused across the entire system.
What is a PHP Drupal developer?
A Drupal developer is someone who writes a lot of PHP and other server side languages. They write custom modules, automated tests, consume web services, automate deployment etc. They may also be know as “backend Drupal developers”. They may also get involved in some of the more advanced side of the theme layer as well.
What does home PHP mean?
In this case, the home. php file is used to call and display your latest posts within the active template layout. By following the template hierarchy, if WordPress does not find home. php, it will fall back to front-page.
What kind of information is acquired when profiling a PHP script?
Standard profilers periodically record stack traces of their application. These samples give you a snapshot of important metrics like CPU, memory usage, time spent per line of code, and frequency of method calls. PHP has two significant profilers that belong to the standard type: Xdebug and Xhprof.
What is Xdebug used for?
1, Xdebug is a debugging and profiling tool for use on development servers. By providing stack and function execution traces and error messages, Xdebug allows fatal errors to be debugged with the same clarity available during normal program execution without the limitation of the shutdown processes.
What is Xdebug profiling?
Xdebug’s built-in profiler allows you to find bottlenecks in your script and visualize those with an external tool such as KCacheGrind or WinCacheGrind.