What is SMTP pickup directory?
Pickup: The SMTP service processes messages from the Pickup folder as outbound messages or as messages for delivery. If the message is intended for users that are members of the local domain managed by the SMTP service, the SMTP service moves the message to the Drop folder.
What is IIS pickup directory?
The pickup directory is stored in the IIS Metabase, so if the account that your web-app runs as does not have access to the required nodes, this error can be thrown. Metabase permissions are separate from file permissions, so you explore it with Metabase explorer (part of the IIS resource kit).
How do I clear my SMTP queue?
Right-click the message that you want to delete, and then click one of the following options:
- Click Delete (no NDR) to delete messages from the queue without sending a non-delivery report (NDR) to the senders.
- Click Delete (with NDR) to delete messages from the queue and send an NDR to the senders of the messages.
How do I find my SMTP queue in IIS?
Open Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager. Right click “Default SMTP Virtual Server” and choose “Properties”. Check “Enable logging”. Click “Properties …” to check all options.
What is flush queue?
Queue flush is for incremental indexing, which adds recently updated or changed data to the existing index.
How do I flush Mailq in sendmail?
How to flush mail queue in sendmail under linux?
- manually method –> delete /var/spool/mail/*.* files in this dir –> delete /var/mqueue/*.* files. then check if all mail gone using mailq command.
- using command:- use simple command.
- if u want particular domain or user or recipient mail to delete use this command.
How do I find my SMTP queue?
Use Queue Viewer to view the properties of a message
- In the Exchange Toolbox, in the Mail flow tools section, double-click Queue Viewer to open the tool in a new window.
- In Queue Viewer, select the Messages tab to see the list of messages that are currently queued for delivery in your organization.
How do I find my SMTP mail queue?
To hunt for a message, go to Exchange System Manager -> Administrative Groups -> your administrative group -> Servers -> the problematic server -> Queues. When you select the Queues container, Exchange System Manager will display all of the server’s SMTP queues in the console’s details pane.
How use SMTP server IIS?
To configure the SMTP service:
- In the Server Manager, click Tools and select Services. The Service window appears.
- Double-click Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
- Click Stop, allow the service to stop, then click Start to restart the service.
- In Startup Type, select Automatic.
- Click OK to finish.