How do you make gravy with meat loaf?
How do you make meatloaf gravy from scratch?
- Start by combining beef broth, thyme, and flour in a small saucepan, whisking over medium heat until it begins boiling.
- Then simmer over medium-low heat until it thickens, occasionally stirring about 5 minutes.
What can I put on top of my meatloaf instead of ketchup?
Best ketchup substitute
- ¼ cup tomato paste.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
- ½ tablespoon honey.
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika (or sweet paprika)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder.
Can you add Rotel to meatloaf?
We found the Rotel over powered the meat loaf. I will try this again but with only half a can of Rotel and none of the juice. Maybe more Ritz Cracker also. I loved this meatloaf recipe!
What do you serve meatloaf with?
27 Cozy Sides to Serve With Meatloaf
- 01 of 27. Mashed Potatoes.
- 02 of 27. Baked Macaroni and Cheese.
- 03 of 27. Creamed Peas With Mushrooms and Onions.
- 04 of 27. Mashed Cauliflower and Leeks.
- 05 of 27. Honey Glazed Baby Carrots.
- 06 of 27. Slow Cooker Carnival Squash.
- 07 of 27. Lemon Garlic Broccoli.
- 08 of 27. Toasted Garlic Bread.
What can you use instead of brown sugar for meatloaf?
Here are 7 clever substitutes for brown sugar.
- White sugar plus molasses.
- White sugar plus maple syrup.
- Coconut sugar.
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar.
- Raw sugars.
- Muscovado sugar.
- Plain white sugar.
What can I use in place of bread in meatloaf?
Crushed-up crackers make an excellent bread crumb substitute in baked dishes like meatballs or meatloaf. The crackers work just as well as the bread crumbs to hold the meat mixture together, and using varieties like salty saltines or buttery Ritz is a great way to add an extra burst of flavor to your dish.
How many crackers do you put in meatloaf?
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs (about 8 to 10 saltines, crushed)
- 2/3 cup milk.
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/4 cup ketchup (or chili sauce)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.