What is the most popular book for 4th graders?
The 20 Best Books for 4th Graders
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell.
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs.
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.
- Wonder by R. J.
- James & the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl.
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar.
- Frindle by Andrew Clements.
- Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan.
What books are recommended for 4th graders?
Books for Grade 4 – our recommendations
- Wings of Fire series by Tui T Sutherland.
- Fables by Arnold Lobel.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowling.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown.
- Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan.
What is a good book series for a 4th grade boy?
Best book series for 4th graders — ever
- Big Nate. by: Lincoln Peirce – (HarperCollins, 2015) 224 pages.
- The Books of Elsewhere.
- The Borrowers.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.
- The Penderwicks.
- Harry Potter series, books 1-3.
- The Hero’s Guide series.
How do 4th graders do book clubs?
Pick a topic or theme & have students read different books in their small groups that focus on the topic. You can group students according to their interests & let them choose their own book based on those interests. Choose an author & have each group read a different book by that author.
What should a 4th grade reading level be at?
Match students with the right material at the right time.
|Scholastic Guided Reading Level||DRA Level|
Do 4th graders read picture books?
Each and every day of the school year, my fourth grade class reads a picture book, sometimes two, and we end the year having read 180 titles together as a community. I engage in this daily practice for many reasons.
How old is a 4th grader?
Stamford American International School Grade Placement
|Grade by Age Appropriate||2022 – 2023|
|Grade 4||Age 9 – 10||Sept 2012 – Aug 2013|
|Grade 5||Age 10 – 11||Sept 2011 – Aug 2012|
|Grade 6||Age 11 – 12||Sept 2010 – Aug 2011|
|Grade 7||Age 12 – 13||Sept 2009 – Aug 2010|
What grade level is Diary of a Wimpy Kid?
The intended audience is kids in grades 3-7, or ages 8-12. However, many kids that fall outside that age bracket are reading and talking about this series. What’s it about? It’s about Greg, a skinny middle school student near the bottom of the social pecking order and his misadventures at school and at home.