Can lymphoma be treated without chemotherapy?
About one-third of patients with symptomatic indolent lymphoma did not require new long-term therapy following the administration of first-line rituximab without chemotherapy, a new study in the Journal of Clinical Oncology found.
How do you spell coherent?
Correct spelling for the English word “coherent” is [kə͡ʊhˈi͡əɹənt], [kəʊhˈiəɹənt], [k_əʊ_h_ˈiə_ɹ_ə_n_t] (IPA phonetic alphabet)….Similar spelling words for COHERENT
What is the latest treatment for lymphoma?
Many new chemotherapy drugs are being studied in clinical trials. In recent years, these studies have led to the approval of drugs such as bendamustine (Treanda) and pralatrexate (Folotyn) for use against certain types of lymphoma.
What does indolent course mean?
By. During an exam, your doctor may use the word “indolent” to describe your diagnosis. What does that mean? Essentially, it indicates that the disease is progressing slowly and does not pose an immediate threat.
What does coherent mean in medical terms?
1. Sticking together, as parts of bodies or fluids. 2. Consistent; making a logical whole. Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners.
How do you use incoherent in a sentence?
- The man was almost incoherent with fear.
- He was confused and incoherent and I didn’t get much sense out of him.
- The talk she gave was incoherent and badly prepared.
- To the listener, this music is incoherent and formless.
- She broke off, incoherent with anger.
- She became quite incoherent as the disease got worse.
What is coherent sentence?
Coherence is achieved when sentences and ideas are connected and flow together smoothly. An. essay without coherence can inhibit a reader’s ability to understand the ideas and main points of. the essay. Coherence allows the reader to move easily throughout the essay from one idea to the.
Can lymphoma go away by itself?
Follicular lymphoma may go away without treatment. The patient is closely watched for signs or symptoms that the disease has come back. Treatment is needed if signs or symptoms occur after the cancer disappeared or after initial cancer treatment.
What is coherent paragraph?
If a paragraph is coherent, each sentence flows smoothly into the next without obvious shifts or jumps. A coherent paragraph also highlights the ties between old and new information to make the structure of ideas or arguments clear to the reader.
Does all lymphoma need treatment?
Which lymphoma treatments are right for you depends on the type and stage of your disease, your overall health, and your preferences. The goal of treatment is to destroy as many cancer cells as possible and bring the disease into remission.
Is Incohesive a word?
Incohesive is an adjective. The adjective is the word that accompanies the noun to determine or qualify it.
What do we mean by coherent?
1a : logically or aesthetically ordered or integrated : consistent coherent style a coherent argument. b : having clarity or intelligibility : understandable a coherent person a coherent passage.
Can lymphoma be cured?
In a few cases, chemotherapy may be combined with steroid medication. Surgery isn’t generally used to treat the condition, except for the biopsy used to diagnose it. Overall, treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma is highly effective and most people with the condition are eventually cured.
How long can you live with lymphoma without treatment?
The overall 5-year relative survival rate for all people with a non-Hodgkin lymphoma diagnosis is 71 percent. Relative survival rates compare people with this disease to those without it, and they vary widely for different types and stages. Many factors can affect survival rates.
How do you use indolent in a sentence?
Indolent sentence example
- The natives were allowed to live the indolent life of the tropics.
- Evidently Peter was determined to tear his son away from a life of indolent ease.
- They are uneducated, indolent and vicious.
How do you say dumb formally?
‘Dunderhead’ and Other ‘Nicer’ Ways to Say Stupid
- Dunderheaded. Definition: being a dunderhead.
- Anserine. Definition: stupid, silly.
- Blinkard. Definition: a stupid, slow-witted, or obtuse person.
- Ignoration. Definition: complete or utter ignorance.
- Addlepated. Definition: stupid and confused, mixed up, or eccentric.