How do I fix Microsoft Management Console has stopped working?
How to fix the Microsoft Management Console has stopped working error
- Method 1: Install every pending Windows update.
- Method 2: Perform a Check Disk Scan.
- Method 3: Perform an SFC Scan.
- Method 4: Running a DISM Scan.
- Method 5: Opening the Local Computer Certificate Store via Command Prompt.
- Method 6: Perform a Repair Install.
How do I restart Microsoft Management Console?
Now, let’s check out how you can reset your device:
- Press the Windows key and navigate to PC Settings > Update & Security > Recovery.
- Click the Get started button and then follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the process.
Why does MMC exe crash?
2] Run System File Checker scan The error is associated with the mmc.exe process and might occur when the DLL’s attached to the process are corrupt or incompatible. Try the system file checker scan to repair the corrupt DLL’s and verify if it resolves the issue.
How do I enable Microsoft Management Console?
- Click Start, click Run, type gpedit. msc, and then click OK.
- Expand User Configuration, and then expand Administrative Templates.
- Expand Windows Components, and then click Microsoft Management Console.
- Double-click Restricted/Permitted snap-ins, and then enable the setting for the MMC snap-in that you want to use.
What is Microsoft Management Console Windows 10?
Microsoft Management Console in Windows 11/10 MMC is a place holder where you can add various Windows tools such as Disk Management, Computer Management, Performance Monitor, Print Management, etc. The tool is powerful enough to perform these operations on another computer on the same network.
How do I fix MMC exe in Windows 10?
- Press Windows key + S and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.
- Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.
- Once it’s done, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
When I tried to open Device Manager or the computer Management window I received an error message MMC Cannot open the file?
Error message description MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt. msc. This may be because the file does not exist, is not the MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.
How do I open MMC console in Windows 10?
To open MMC, click Start, click Run, and then type mmc and press [Enter]. An MMC window appears divided into two panes.
How do you fix MMC could not create the snap-in?
Fix Error MMC Could Not Create the Snap-in (solved)
- How to Fix MMC Could Not Create the Snap-in.
- Fix 1 – Fix the Registry.
- Fix 2 – Rename mmc.exe.
- Fix 3 – Turn On .NET Framework.
- Fix 4 – Perform System File Checker Scan.
- Fix 5 – Perform DISM Scan.
- Fix 6- Alternatively Download and Use RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools)
How do I unblock MMC exe?
What can I do if MMC.exe is blocked by the administrator?
- Disable SmartScreen. Launch the Windows Security Center. You can do this simply by clicking on the shield symbol along the right of the Taskbar.
- Enable Computer Management in Group Policy. Open the Run dialog box by press Windows key and R at the same time.
How do I get rid of MMC exe?
Step 1: Simultaneously press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys to open Task Manager. Step 2: If you notice the file located outside its designated path in c:\windows\system32, you should run an antivirus scan to get ride of the malware.
How to fix Microsoft Management Console has stopped working error?
Follow the steps down below to import an external certificate to a local computer without stumbling upon the Microsoft Management Console has stopped working error: Press Windows key + R to open up a Run window. Then, type “ certlm.msc ” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the Local Computer Certificate Store with administrative privileges.
What can you do with the Microsoft Management Console?
You can keep all the software, hardware, and network components of the Windows operating system under control. You can create various custom tools and then assign them to other people according to needs. The Microsoft Management Console is capable of hosting snap-ins (Component Object Model components) because it provides a common framework.
What is Microsoft Management Console (MMC)?
The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) is responsible for managing various administrative snap-ins for Windows operating systems. Snap-ins are built-in utility programs such as Disk Management, Device Manager, Event Viewer, Group Policy Editor, etc.
How to fix MMC has stopped working error message?
When you receive the MMC has stopped working error message on a Windows device, you should check the files (both system files and data files). If any of them are damaged/lost, you should start to recover them by following operations.