What is Backstage view in Microsoft Word?
The Backstage view was introduced in Word 2010. This acts as the central place for managing your documents. The backstage view helps in creating new documents, saving and opening documents, printing and sharing documents, and so on.
How do I make the font bigger in Outlook navigation pane?
You can change the font and size of the text in the Navigation Pane, from any view in Outlook. On the View tab, in the Layout group, click Navigation Pane, click Options, and then click Font. Enter the settings that you want in the Font, Font style, and Size boxes. Click OK twice to close the open dialog boxes.
How do I add a heading to the navigation pane in Word 2010?
In the Navigation pane, click the Headings tab. Do any of the following: To move part of the document, click the heading and drag it to a new location. To change the heading’s level or add a heading, right-click the heading, and then choose the action you want.
How do you create chapters sections and subsections in Word?
Follow these steps to create a new subhead within a chapter:
- Type in the text for the subheading.
- Click the style that appears in the Style Area left of the subheading.
- In the Styles Pane, click the style you want to apply. Use “Heading 2” for a first-level subheading, “Heading 3” for a second-level subheading, etc.
How do I divide my resume into a Word document?
Go to the “Layout” tab and click the “Margins” buttons. The drop-down menu displays several different margin options from which to choose.
How do I make my battery percentage visible?
Configure Battery Percentage.
- 1 Go to the Settings menu > Notifications.
- 2 Tap on Status Bar.
- 3 Toggle the switch to show battery percentage. You will be able to see the changes reflect on the Status bar.
How do I make the reading pane smaller in Outlook?
Use the Zoom control at the bottom of the Outlook window. If you’re using a mouse with a wheel control, click in the Reading Pane, press CTRL, and roll the scroll wheel. Rolling the wheel away from you makes the contents larger, and rolling the wheel toward you makes the contents smaller.
How do I turn on navigation in Word?
Use the Navigation pane in Word To go to a page or a heading in a Word document without scrolling, use the Navigation pane. To open the Navigation pane, press Ctrl+F, or click View > Navigation Pane.
How do I add a title to the navigation pane in Word?
Making Custom Heading Styles Appear in the Navigation Pane
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the small icon at the bottom-right of the Styles group.
- At the bottom of the Styles task pane there are three small tool buttons.
- Make sure the Style Based On drop-down list is set to whatever heading level you want to base your custom heading upon.
Why is my font so small in Word?
Resolution. In the lower-right corner of the Microsoft Word document window, go to the ‘Zoom’ setting bar. Lastly, you can change the size of the fonts being used to be larger by selecting the text in the document and then increasing the font size.
Why is my font so small on Google?
Open the Chrome browser. icon in the upper-right corner of the browser window. Near the top of the drop-down menu that appears, you can use the + (plus) or – (minus) in the Zoom section of the menu to increase or decrease the font size. Chrome’s default zoom setting is 100%.
How do I make my email font larger?
Click the message body. On the Message tab, in the Format group, click Zoom. In the Zoom dialog box, under Zoom to, click 100% for the default size, or use the other options to specify a custom zoom size.
How do I make the battery percentage show in Windows 10?
To add the battery icon to the taskbar: Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle.
How do I fix the navigation bar in Word?
How to Hide or Display the Microsoft Office Ribbon
- Right‑click the Ribbon or Quick Access toolbar and select Collapse the Ribbon from the shortcut menu.
- Double‑click on the active tab to collapse.
- Minimize the Ribbon using the [Ctrl] + [F1] toggle which leaves only the tabs.
How do you edit a resume template in Word?
- Click File > Open.
- Double-click This PC. (In Word 2013, double-click Computer).
- Browse to the Custom Office Templates folder that’s under My Documents.
- Click your template, and click Open.
- Make the changes you want, then save and close the template.
How do I change the font size in the navigation pane in Word?
Zoom to increase the font size
- Place the cursor in a comment you can see in the Reviewing Pane. (That’s on the left-hand Sidebar. Read below for how to open the Sidebar.)
- From the View menu, select Zoom, then click 200% and OK.
How do I split a Word document into 4 sections?
To split a page to 4 parts, you can insert a table to deal with the job.
- Place the cursor at left-top of the page, then click Insert > Table, select 2×2 Table.
- The table has been inserted, then drag right-corner of the table to resize it as you need.
- Insert texts into the columns and rows separately.
How do I format sections in Word?
To change formatting in a document, insert a section break at the beginning of where you want the change. Set up the formatting change just past the new section break. If you want to change formatting again, put in another section break. If your changes are to be on the same page, choose the Continuous section break.