How do I install specific version of Pod?
To install specific pod version, specify pod version after pod name. ‘> 0.1’ Any version higher than 0.1. ‘>= 0.1’ Version 0.1 and any higher version. ‘< 0.1’ Any version lower than 0.1.
How do you fix CocoaPods Cannot find compatible versions for pod?
- Go to ios/Pods/Local Podspevs directory in your project.
- Check every json file to find highest required ios version. Mine was “ios”: “10.0” in some of them.
- Go back to ios/ directory.
- Open Podfile file.
- Uncomment # platform :ios, ‘9.0’ and replace 9.0 with version from 2.
- Run pod install, error should be gone.
How do I get cocoa pod version?
- There are two way to know Pod version:
- pod –version. 1.10.1.
- gem which cocoapods. /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods.rb.
How do you install CocoaPods on IOS?
Simple Steps to installed pod file:
- Open terminal.
- Command on terminal: sudo gem install cocoapods.
- set your project path on terminal.
- command : pod init.
- go to pod file of your project and adding pod which you want to install.
- added in pod file : pod ‘AFNetworking’, ‘~> 2.5.
- Command : Pod install.
- Close project of Xcode.
Should you commit Podfile lock?
As a reminder, even if your policy is not to commit the Pods folder into your shared repository, you should always commit & push your Podfile. lock file. Otherwise, it would break the whole logic explained above about pod install being able to lock the installed versions of your pods.
How do I uninstall and reinstall a pod?
“remove pods and reinstall” Code Answer’s
- remove pods from xcode project terminal. shell by Ghaith Alzin on Oct 08 2020 Donate Comment.
- remove cocoapods swiftr.
- sudo gem install cocoapods-deintegrate cocoapods-clean.
- remove pod and install again.
- remove pod and install again.
What is POD install repo update?
cocoapods-repo-update is a CocoaPods plugin that checks your dependencies when you run pod install and updates the local specs repositories if needed.
What does POD Deintegrate do?
pod deintegrate and pod clean are two designated commands to remove CocoaPod from your project/repo.
How do I know if my pod is installed?
pod check will display a list of Pods that will be installed by running pod install : $ pod check ~SquareData, +SquareItems, ~SquareTables [!] `pod install` will install 3 Pods. The symbol before each Pod name indicates the status of the Pod.
How do I update my pods on my Mac?
Below are steps to update cocoapods :
- Open terminal (Shortcut : Press cmd + space tab to open Spotlight then text in terminal )
- Use command sudo gem install cocoapods. This will ask for system password due to security concern thereafter it installs gems.
Why we use CocoaPods in IOS?
CocoaPods is a tool that makes managing your project much simpler. It can save you a lot of effort and time when dealing with dependencies in your project as it makes adding, removing and updating libraries that much easier. For more on using and troubleshooting CocoaPods, check out the CocoaPods guides.
How do I use CocoaPods with my internal IOS frameworks?
xcproject file for the main app module and the CocoaPods-generated . xcworkspace file live in the same directory, so CocoaPods will find it by default. Then, run pod install . This will download and apply the UICircularProgressRing dependency to the SimpleCounterFeature framework target.
How do I update my CocoaPods pod?
< pod update When you run pod update PODNAME, CocoaPods will try to find an updated version of the pod PODNAME, without taking into account the version listed in Podfile.lock. It will update the pod to the latest version possible (as long as it matches the version restrictions in your Podfile).
How do I list dependencies in CocoaPods?
Search for pods (above). Then list the dependencies in a text file named Podfile in your Xcode project directory: Tip: CocoaPods provides a pod init command to create a Podfile with smart defaults. You should use it. Sometimes CocoaPods doesn’t yet have a pod for one of your dependencies. Fortunately, creating a pod is pretty easy:
When to run pod install after or after pod release?
They should thus run pod install afterwards, so that even if the maintener of pod B released a version 1.1.0 of their pod since the first execution of pod install, the project will keep using version 1.0.0 — because user1 only wants to add pod D, without risking an unexpected update to pod B.
What happens when I run pod update podname?
When you run pod update PODNAME, CocoaPods will try to find an updated version of the pod PODNAME, without taking into account the version listed in Podfile.lock. It will update the pod to the latest version possible (as long as it matches the version restrictions in your Podfile).