How do you make wire wrapped jewelry?
3 Steps to Making Wire Wrapped Jewelry
- Step 1: Create the Base of the Pendant. Cut the wire.
- Step 2: Wrap and Twist the Protruding Wires. In step 1, the goal was to create a base with a number of protruding wires.
- Step 3: Wrap the Stone. Wrap, twist, and bend the wires around the stone to keep it in place.
How do you make a wire wrap pendant?
- Twist the Wires. Hold the two wires together, find the middle, and twist them around each other.
- Place Your Stone. Shape the two wires at the bottom of the twist to create a V.
- Wrap and Twist Some More.
- Cross and Continue.
- Create a Bail.
What Jewellery can I make with wire?
It’s popular for rings, neck collars, bangle bracelets and cuff bracelets. It’s stiff enough that you’ll want good-quality jewelry tools when working with it, but it’s not too hard to shape. For soft wire such as copper, you may need to work-harden the wire to make sure bracelets and rings don’t bend out of shape.
What wire is best for wire wrapping?
The best gauge wire for wrapping stones is 18 to 20, and copper wire is relatively cheaper so it is often used for wire wrapping.
How to make a wrapped wire loop for jewelry making?
JEWELRY MAKING INSPIRATION DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX. Sign up for the Linkouture newsletter to receive ideas,tutorials,and practical steps for jewelry making e-mailed to you.
How to make wire and beaded jewelry?
Materials. Wire jewelry is about putting different components together in a beautiful way.
How to harden wire for wire wrapping jewelry?
Gauge. Gauge indicates the thickness of the metal.
How to crochet jewelry with wire and beads?
Choose a 26-gauge beading wire in the finish you prefer. Go with 26-gauge beading wire since it’s nice and malleable.